1938 Dodge Truck

DC_Maidens

I have a 1938 Dodge Sedan with a seized motor and transmission that had been filled with water and cracked. I have a replacement motor that I am rebuilding. Everything else, brakes, shocks, wiring, etc. are all rusty and very old.

I know a guy who has a 1938 Dodge truck and wants to swap the body onto a newer truck frame. I can pick-up the frame, engine (seized), transmission (shifts), and all components attached to the frame (frame is still black with a few rust spots) for $200 CAD. 

Will the sedan bolt to the truck frame? Is it worth the $200? 

Thats a interesting question .....

Back in the 20's-30's a lot of Fords the frame was the same .... you could turn a roadster into a coupe into a pickup .... Not sure Dodge was ever like that.

Even by 38 you could not do the same with Ford. ..... I have no idea how much fabrication was needed at that time.

Imho, it will not be a bolt together swap .... you will need fabrication, No idea how much.

Same time, the motor, transmission, brakes,rear end will all swap with your frame ..... the price is cheap enough you should grab it if you have room to store it.

While it may not be a direct swap, there will be many hard to find parts available to you ..... even if your frame needs repair you have a donor of the metal.

I saw a utility trailer made from a 49 Dodge truck, I bought it for $200 just for spare parts ..... Not used any yet but glad I have it available.

• Thanks 1

If the '38 Dodge truck has the original drive train, the engine would be the 25" long block, and the tranny would be a non-syncro crash box.

Pete

• Like 1