Quick update on your webmaster...

Sponsored By  

Well I'm on day 4 from my knee replacement surgery. Even with all the modern drugs it is still a pain filled experience.  Last night was drug free which helps with appetite which so far has been on the light side. Doing the PT daily and my wife has been a champ in being the nurse. I may be a little slow in responding to requests but they will get done. 

Wishing you all the best from down in the shakey isles. Given the age of a lot of us, a fair few of us have probably had various joint replacements  - I have had three hips done in the last 16 years and aren't quite 64 yet. Am good to go in that department now and hope to be for some time yet. A number of people were having knees done when I while I was getting worked on. They were more painful than hips but they all had it way better as time passed.

Wishing you well with your recovery...Pete

• Thanks 1

Thank you for what you do and wish you a quick  as possible and complete recovery.?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Replying late, just got back on the site and saw your post.

Having had a couple knee replacements I have an idea what you are going through. Hopefully by now the pain is manageable and PT is going well for you. Getting that range of motion back can be tough and a lot of work.

Hang in there, and Best Wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

You have been a partner to all of us in keeping our rust on the road, and you are very respected.

Thank You!!!

Bruce

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, P15-D24 said:

Well I'm on day 4 from my knee replacement surgery. Even with all the modern drugs it is still a pain filled experience...

Howzit going these days...are ya back to doing jumps on your skateboard again?

Going pretty good!  This weekend was the first time since the op I was able to race in a regatta. ? Still doing Physical Therapy but it is ramping down probably ending in late August. Also restarting a bunch of home projects that needed to be wrapped up by winter. 

Thanks for asking!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1