Sweeper Clips and Weatherstrip

Looking at the sweeper clips and weatherstrip for the door windows, how should the clips and weatherstrip be installed?

Q1: I see the four holes in the door for the clips, but should the jaws of the clips open upward or open downward? (I'm guessing upward.)

Q2: When the weatherstrip is installed, should the cloth edge of the weatherstrip be UP and the black painted edge be DOWN or should the black painted edge be UP and the cloth edge be DOWN? In other words, which edge of the weatherstrip is right side up? (I'm guessing the cloth edge should be UP.) If I'm wrong please straighten me out.

The original Dodge parts manual illustrations aren't clear and the replacement parts I bought didn't come with any install instructions.

20230331_161521_resized.jpg.5a3c07356d732b16ea3f2e5438391afb.jpg

Chrome car beads are always up....Steele and others show beads up...but what ever you like do it.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
Added word car..

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this up again.  The diagram that comes with the sweeper kit from dcm, does in fact, show that the beaded end goes up. 

However, when I installed my new ones today I could not roll the windows up as the glass pushes up against the sweeper too tightly even after I made sure the clips were as flat as I could get them.  Is there a trick to getting the glass centered in the door frame?  Is there an adjustment of some sort if I open up the door panel?

10 hours ago, Stinger said:

Sorry for bringing this up again.  The diagram that comes with the sweeper kit from dcm, does in fact, show that the beaded end goes up. 

However, when I installed my new ones today I could not roll the windows up as the glass pushes up against the sweeper too tightly even after I made sure the clips were as flat as I could get them.  Is there a trick to getting the glass centered in the door frame?  Is there an adjustment of some sort if I open up the door panel?

The glass is held in "place" by the front and back channels.  The front is adjustable front to back and allows for an angle adjustment if so needed (top screws under the wing seal, bottom are by the access panel).  Also, you can adjust the regulartor as well to "level" the window in the door.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that these go at the bottom of window opening in door....do they curve up at the ends? Anyone have photos?

I have no such fuzzy strip... just the fuzzy in the channels. 

Edited by John-T-53

On 5/28/2023 at 2:53 PM, Stinger said:

John,

At about 3:10 in this video you can see these strips.  The ones I got from DCM do not curve up at the ends.  The clips fit right into the holes in the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgpLwzZ77s

Awesome, thanks. Nice truck!

• 3 weeks later...

After thinking about it and reading other opinions I believe I did the right thing finally.

1. Metal bead edge up (I think it looks good that way. First photo.)

2. Sweeper clips squeezed around fabric edge, not the metal bead. (Second and Third photos.)

3. Fuzzy side toward the glass.

20230714_172523_resized_1.jpg.2dd14f30b63ea2c7963bac78489509ec.jpg 

20230714_172409_resized_1.jpg.cd05a92654acc0d66a1af087e160ded1.jpg

20230714_172439_resized_1.jpg.2d9c894b74d0b52ea2c35ad895225600.jpg

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B
bad information