6 blade fan

capt den

to help my cooling issue i want to install a 6 bladed fan, i now have a4 blade. this is for my 54 windsor with the 265.i am also adding a shroud, which i just bought from French Lake Auto parts. these were the nicest people to do business with.they actually want your business.they locate your part,incclude any extra hardware that goes with it if they have it, they inspect the part, tell you it's condition, and then ship it out same day. this means they call you back when they say they will to discuss the sale.they did not have the 6 bladed fan. i have been calling many other yards for the fan having no luck.getting a call back seems to be the issue.they can't all not have one.the problem is i need to know if the 6 blade, which comes off a dodge or plymouth, will have the same mounting holes to my water pump. i have not tried that huge yard in arizona yet.tomorrow. i have used browns in texas in the past and they were great.this time it seems as if they cohldn't care less.  capt den

Bob, nice to hear from you. what is that fan bolted to?can't tell from the angle of the picture.the bolt pattern may be the same but the center hole looks bigger.if the 4 bolt holes match up the center hole won't matter. . where did you get it? my blades cannot be more than 18 1/2 inches long. also the depth of the blades is an issue as the fan rides close to the radiator. nice looking engine you have there, in a nice clean shop. that fan looks like it will move some air. i got a shroud off of a new yorker from french lake auto parts. they did not have a fan. i have been looking but no success. these junk yards are not easy to deal with. keep those hubcaps shiny .     dennis 

I’ve had this fan for years and finally adapted it to fit a Gates 42554 water pump. It measures 16 1/2”. I saw a Cummins/Onan fan co130192400 that is 17”, and the bolt pattern is real close to what you need. It’s the $89 one. Rick D.

E2AB1698-2D25-4C98-BB5F-974D5F1A9C17.jpeg

On 3/21/2023 at 4:42 PM, capt den said:

to help my cooling issue i want to install a 6 bladed fan, i now have a4 blade. this is for my 54 windsor with the 265.i am also adding a shroud, which i just bought from French Lake Auto parts. these were the nicest people to do business with.they actually want your business.they locate your part,incclude any extra hardware that goes with it if they have it, they inspect the part, tell you it's condition, and then ship it out same day. this means they call you back when they say they will to discuss the sale.they did not have the 6 bladed fan. i have been calling many other yards for the fan having no luck.getting a call back seems to be the issue.they can't all not have one.the problem is i need to know if the 6 blade, which comes off a dodge or plymouth, will have the same mounting holes to my water pump. i have not tried that huge yard in arizona yet.tomorrow. i have used browns in texas in the past and they were great.this time it seems as if they cohldn't care less.  capt den

I just thought of a couple of things- I have the '54 265 - I can check to see if my 6 blade will fit,(I assume you are using the stock style water pump?) also we have Turner's Auto Wrecking and Globe Auto in our area- I'll make some calls today.

53 dodge and plymouth show a 6 blade in my canadian parts book. i guess american engines had them also. also, 55 and 56 should have the 6 blade.   wish i could tour a junkyard that has alot of these 50's mopars.  sure i could find one.    dennis

On 3/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, capt den said:

i was not able to pull up dennis phillips  i could not find a plymouths only website. any other name for it?   thanks,   capt den

Sorry, it's on Facebook.