Vaccum wipers hose routing

Ernie Baily

I am planning on changing my stock fuel pump on my 48 Plymouth to a 49-50 Plymouth double action fuel pump in a effort to have a more constant vaccum to the wipers. Does any one have a diagram on how to connect the vaccum lines/hoses?

Please Advise,

Thanks 

Ernie

The way I did it was to connect the OUT side to where the wipers originally connected on the manifold.

Then the suction side to the wipers.

This way the engine's vacuum contributes to the cause.

You  can confirm the inlet/outlets by starting the engine without any connections except the fuel.

2 hours ago, Loren said:

The way I did it was to connect the OUT side to where the wipers originally connected on the manifold.

Then the suction side to the wipers.

This way the engine's vacuum contributes to the cause.

You  can confirm the inlet/outlets by starting the engine without any connections except the fuel.

Agreed, and suggest that one should always add a vacuum reservoir to the system.  With check valves of course to allow the wipers to run on the saved vacuum when engine/pump vacuum is lower that the reservoir level.

• Like 1