New addition to the family

jsd245

So meet Big Ben. That's what the former owner called him so I will continue the name. 1952 B3-GA. 

while my 1953 B4GA is still a project it's gonna take me a good while to sort out the rust. 

This  1952 is from Idaho and doesn't have a bit of rust. I'm tickled with it. Engine is a industrial Chrysler 251 clearly a replacement but the former owner did a rebuild . It seems to run well. This will

also be a fun project as there are a few things to sort out, but I can drive and enjoy it in the meantime. 

FEAF39C2-56A3-4239-B54C-04E89D30E579.jpeg

C72FD7BE-AC32-4500-AC9E-F8193CF546FF.png

86C93EC8-901E-46B9-B410-82DF401C203D.jpeg

B1AF5C76-6311-4423-A11D-E4DFB4D85F83.png

• Like 7

Yep two speed works. Dump works, the po did quite a bit of working cleaning it up brakes are all new, and he freshened up the interior a bit. I’ll probably swap wheels with the ones I had made for the B4. The tires on Ben are all new but they have really lousy traction tread. 

X

On 2/25/2023 at 6:15 PM, wallytoo said:

nice truck, jeff!  does the 2-speed work?  you'll like the 251 with that truck and the 2-speed.  wheels look great, too.

Put about 50 miles on him today. Ran quite good. Really quite enjoying driving the old guy and getting the hang of the two speed rear. I did it find it that difficult. I was also quite impressed with the headlights. Not nearly as dim as I thought 6v would be. The heater worked well  too!