P 15 Picnic USA dates announced for 2023

greg g

P 15 Picnic USA (well Canada actually) will take place September 15 through 18 in the Niagara region of Ontario.  We will not be visiting  the falls as part of the tour due to traffic and parking issues. You are encouraged  to arrive a day early, or extend an additional day and make your Falls viewing session on your own.

Hotel info, and tour highlights will be coming shortly.  This will be a truely International event by location, and participants, as several of our friends from England have indicated they will be attending.

Although designed  and engineered for P15 and D24 cars, all Chrysler brands of any year, and orphaned brands of the 30s through 70s are welcomed to join us for the tour.

For more information, and to get updates as announced email Mark@rdusaclassics.com 

Hope to see you in Ontario in September. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Greg, hadn't gotten around to it yet. Still jelling some details, will be updating in the next few days.

Hope to see alot more of you attend this year! - Mark

CANADA.jpg

Interesting and briefly tempting. 

From our home northwest of Detroit, Chatham is 70 miles away, but Niagara Falls is 250 miles away, more than 3 times the distance, for an 80-year old man in a in a 75-year-old car.   

Incidentally, from Detroit, crossing southern Ontario to the Falls is much shorter than taking the U.S. route along the south shore of Lake Erie, 250 miles vs 400 miles. 

• 1 month later...

Last few details in the works now, but it’s time to show off this years P15 PicNic advert! Drop a note with questions or to be added to the list. 

34BCA260-8EAA-4DFD-9B3C-EFE1CA0F8279.jpeg

If you are attending, you will want to add a day either before or after to make your visit to Niagara Falls attractions.   There is too much traffic, and limited parking, making a group visit too difficult to contemplate.  Make sure you have current and correct documents for border crossing.

Edited by greg g
  • Thanks 1

If you have never been to one of the P-15 Picnics, take the time to attend. A great time with some great folks and always every year they find a new place to explore. If you have never been to the Niagara Frontier or the falls, it is an amazing place and the Canadian side has the best views of the falls.

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_8555.jpeg.4c1ddd873917859b66a435ed0b82913d.jpegP15 PicNic USA 2023

Here's the latest news!

It's been sometime since we wrote, and i've emailed most of last years participants directly, but I'm sending out this email to the entire 100 or so people that have expressed interest in joining our picnic tours. With this email,  we are happy to announce the latest news for this years gathering in Canada.

Firstly, we've chosen the Casablanca Hotel in Grimsby as our home base for the event and the staff have reserved a block of rooms for our small crowd. They are holding several standard rooms (CA$179) and mini-suites (CA$199) for us. We encourage early booking! HOWEVER ALL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY PHONE! DONT FORGET TO MENTION YOU ARE PART OF THE P15 PICNIC TO GET OUR DISCOUNTED GROUP RATE

LAST EVENING WE RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE HOTEL STATING THAT WE ARE IN COMPETITION WITH A TRAVELING HOCKEY TEAM FOR THE ROOMS WE WANTED TO HOLD, SO WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE THAT HAS A THOUGHT OF ATTENDING TO BOOK NOW IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE SAME LOCATION WITH US. ALTERNATIVE HOTELS ARE IN THE AREA, EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO IF NEEDED. 

IMG_8882.jpeg.69353c62a4e7ee6b4f253cb078e795f6.jpeg

The Casablanca Hotel
4 Windward Drive
Grimsby, Ontario, CA L3M4E8
905-309-7171
877-446-5746 toll free

We’ve negotiated a great rate with our host hotel (9/14-17). CA$199.00/nite for a mini-suite and CA$179.00/nite for a standard double queen room (before any provincial and local taxes). HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ONLY BY PHONE ONLYPlease mention you are part of the P15 Picnic USA group to receive the rates. 

OUR AGENDA

We will have two fun filled touring days exploring the soutern Ontario countryside. Tour routes are in preparation and will be released shortly before the tour. 

We will of course be in Niagara Falls area, but the tours at the Falls will be self guided by each of you that wish to see the Falls. AGAIN, tours of the Falls are up to you, as there is so much to do in the Falls area and individual tastes vary so much. SO, Please plan to arrive a day or two in advance or to stay on past the end of the picnic to see the sites and attractions at the falls.

Our "Pic-Nic" is going to be a real special Saturday evening and is still in the planning. If we can get at least 15 couples to commit to joiing us for the evening, we will have a private four course meal river cruise! Expect the cost to be in the range of CA$75 per person, but considering we will not have a registration fee this year for the tour, we hope this little extra expense is defrayed somewhat. Fair warning, dress for the picnic cruise evening will be smart casual, we know you all shine up fairly well.  More information about this evening will be sent as soon as we have this coordinated.

One final reminder, while this event strives to collect as many 40's mopar cars together for a fun weekend of touring, commraderie, and laughs, we don't descriminate brands or years, and we welcome anyone interested to attend. 

Questions? Concerns? Comments? Suggestions? 

Drop me a email and I'll do my best to get back to you promptly. mark@rdusaclassics.com

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you return to this years cruise, and to meeting many more of you that will join us for the first time. 

1 hour ago, DonaldSmith said:

Nice vintage touch.  Note the former Canadian flag, with the Union Jack.  Also note the 48-star U.S. flag. Ah, the old days.   

I and Mr. Robin Weathersbee (our graphics guru extraordinaire) appreciate your noticing the details. Yes, appropriate to the period of the P15! ???? 

Ah, the Falls.  In the '50's, we would visit our mother's family in Welland.  We got to the Falls on occasion.  And every breakfast we could see the image of the falls on the NBC (National Biscuit Co.)  Shredded Wheat box.  

National Biscuit Company Shredded Wheat 1939 Original Niagara Falls Product  Box | eBay

I remember those boxes.  My father would put one in a bowl.  Then pour hot water over it, let it sit a mi ute, drain off the water, pour some honey and milk on it. Then declared it fit to eat.  I never acquired a taste for shredded wheat in any of it's guises.  Might as well try to chow down on Excelsior. (how many remember that stuff?)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greg g said:

I remember those boxes.  My father would put one in a bowl.  Then pour hot water over it, let it sit a mi ute, drain off the water, pour some honey and milk on it. Then declared it fit to eat.  I never acquired a taste for shredded wheat in any of it's guises.  Might as well try to chow down on Excelsior. (how many remember that stuff?)

My Dad did the same, except he sprinkled sugar instead of the honey. I do like the frosted Mini-Wheats. The original is fine too, just sugar and milk. No boiling water for me.

• 3 months later...

P 15 Picnic update. With less than a month to go, we have had a couple of cancelations. Last time we looked there were still two rooms left under our room block.  Not too late to contact the hotel and join the group.  Host hotel is the Casablanca in Grimsby Ontario.  Contact them directly.  Mention P15 Picnic rt oom block.

• 3 weeks later...