Oil gauge line. How long on 48 DeSoto?

MarcDeSoto

I'm about to buy an oil gauge line from a 47 Chrysler six for my 48 DeSoto.  The Chrysler line is about 20" long, but my line is about 12" long.  I don't have the original line, or if it is original, a long ago mechanic may have kinked the line replacing the oil gauge and cut it short and just put in a wrong inverted brake line flare in it.  I think a Plymouth, Dodge, or DeSoto would have the same length line.  The Chryslers had a Full-flow oil filter, so maybe that changed the length of the line on Chryslers?  The part no. for my DeSoto oil line to the gauge is 861524, which is the same for a P-15 Plymouth.  The D-24 Dodge part no. is 861525.  Does anyone know the part no. for the 46-48 Chrysler six?  

P1030174.JPG

P1030175.JPG

P1030177.JPG

Edited by MarcDeSoto

Since I have the oil gauge fitting on two inches of line, a friend told me to try to apply a torch to the bubble ferrule and slide if off.  Then take my brake line and cut off the flare and slide the nut on then  the bubble ferrule.  Then, try to solder the ferrule in place.  If I could do that, it might work?  Anyone have an idea on this?  

nut with sleeve.jpeg