Hiway Patrol 1950’s

keithb7

I’d never heard of this TV show until recently. It showed up on You Tube yesterday. A half hour TV show called Hiway Patrol. It was on TV from ‘55 until ‘59.  

I watched a couple of episodes on You Tube and enjoyed it. It is nice to see the 50’s cars. The people, their mannerisms.  Their Clothes.  A sort of simple innocence in society in 1950’s America. 

I’ll be watching more. Some of you here might like it too. Perhaps you watched them all back in the day! 

Clint Eastwood was in this episode. I look forward to watching it later tonight. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

A pox on ye, Kieth!  ? I couldn't help it after that lead-in and ended up binging quite a few episodes of "Highway Patrol".  It was stay-inside weather today...-24 with high winds gave us a nice wind chill of about -50.   I always enjoy watching old shows for the old car spotting, and I certainly appreciate when someone drops a dime on where to find an old series.  There's certainly an eclectic representation of highway patrol cruisers, but if I remember correctly, the round porthole Buicks in this series are actual California Highway Patrol cars.  CHP custom ordered them from Buick and allowed the TV show to use them for promotional purposes since there was only one place to find those cars.  They're the ones with the rear facing flashing light (it's yellow/amber, CA law for emergency vehicles, even today) on the driver's side package tray and red driver's side spotlight.  I don't remember the exact year of manufacture, but it was only one or two years, and CHP was the only agency that had them.  Those would be rare cars nowadays.  Off to watch a few more episodes!

First show I learned that Buicks with a three on the tree squealed the tires burning out in gravel...go Dan go!

I guess I have a bit of a problem with television today .... nothing on it is worth watching .... imho.

When @keithb7 made this post, got me to searching for other videos that I like to watch. I spent so much time watching them I never shared them   :P

While I love Highway patrol, I tend to look for movies 1 hour long or more. 1930's, 40's, 50's ..... 60's things started getting weird but I do selectively watch 60's or newer.

I'm just a true weirdo .... my house was built in 1948, my truck is 1949 ... daily drivers are 91 & 93 .... I'm just not ready for the 20th Century. And I'm happy  :)

This morning I was binge watching John Wayne movies from 30's-40's

Ya all have to love Burn Em Up Barnes though .... here's 4 hours of your life you will never get back.

Edited by Los_Control