Another oil pressure gauge hose question.

Chuckwp

I am starting a new thread on this even though I have seen the previous threads/posts about the oil pressure gauge hose connection to the gauge.  I am working on a '51 Business Coupe using the stock instrument panel/gauges. I understand the special fitting is used to attach the rubber hose with the 3/16' tube on one end to the gauge.  I am trying to determine what to do on the other end.  It will be plumed into a 350 Chevy.  The oil ports on that engine is 1/8"  FNPT which I should be able to adapt to given the size of the fitting on the rubber hose.
I have not purchased the hose yet.  Does anyone know what size the female end of the hose is?  From the picture it looks like it is an male inverted flare but, would like to know what size it actually is so, I can figure out how to adapt it before hand.

PLYMOUTH OIL LINE.jpg

PLY. HOSE END.jpg

The line coming off the oil gauge and through the firewall has a short rubber line for vibration and engine flexing. You can buy 8” or 12” brake line that I would attach to the rear engine oil pressure port, and attach the other end to the hose. That keeps the fittings inverted flare and close to the firewall. I would buy eBay part # 173602620307 hose. That’s all you need for an oil gauge connection, not all that hose pictured. Inverted flare to 1/8” pipe to 1/8” to 1/4” pipe adapter. I just bought that hose for a build I’m working on. Rick D.

D9A68667-2E98-4A23-9BAD-6569F6C74E16.jpeg

• Like 1