For you long-roof Plymouth fans...

Bob Riding

Thank you. I’m still recovering from the effects of Lyme disease and a broken leg.  So basically lost two years.  I healing but it is very slow.  I’m back in my shop usually after lunch for about three hours. At present my body won’t follow my mind.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pflaming said:

Thank you. I’m still recovering from the effects of Lyme disease and a broken leg.  So basically lost two years.  I healing but it is very slow.  I’m back in my shop usually after lunch for about three hours. At present my body won’t follow my mind.  

Go Paul!

On 1/26/2023 at 3:14 PM, Booger said:

A twelve pack and a sawzall. Behold the Plymouth Plaza pickup!

blue Max.jpg

Fun tid bit about the Plaza wagon before its 'haircut' Twice driven from Monterey to LA  Driven daily as a rural mail carrier substitute as a summer job 400 stops daily virtually my first car at 16. Paid $80.Never broke down

Cool car. I'm guessing this practice is not common today.

Modern cars can not survive being chopped with all the structural issues ..... Back in the day it happened a lot.

IMG_20161123_122317577.jpg.61acd3fc003bfbeead034e1f9420863b.jpg

This is a Ford station wagon cut down.

My photo above with the Ford exploder .... A man owned a restaurant, A branch from a tree fell in the back parking lot. It fell on his cooks car.

The owner bought the car from the cook to avoid using his insurance, then sold it cheap & I bought it.

explorer.jpg.6a81a91e3b6ceeeec3596fd6ba4ac866.jpg

Just saying it was a good running car .... just had issues.

I worked for a tire shop 50 years ago, the owner had a 1971 Honda car? Was the real tiny one.

His kids rolled it one day, he cut the roof off & made a truck out of it .... out of necessity.

He was poor & needed a car, a few years later his business did well .... He bought another good one & had it transformed to a truck, used it for advertisement.

https://i0.wp.com/engineswapdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/1971-Honda-N600-with-a-Suzuki-GSX-R1000-inline-four-01.jpg?ssl=1

This photo is just for imagination, His was painted Imron blue with the shop lettering on the side .... 4, 15" passenger tires in the back was a full load.

Was a cute truck though.

Cars are just not made the same .... chances are if a tree branch falls on one .... will destroy 3 miles of the 10 miles of wire in it .... including the structure.