Went to the AutoMania Swap meet in Allentown, PA

desoto1939

Yesterday I attended the indoor swap meet called AutoMania that was run by the Carlise Swap meet owners.  Well attended. Everyone just wanted something to do.

I return with several good finds:

Starter brushes for my 1939 Desoto 2 boxes for $5

NOS still in the box with all the parts and gasket the 1935-50 Front Tailpipe support. $5

Two parts manuals for cars from 1925-33. One by Eaton springs  and the other by Fel-pro oil gaskets and retainers. $5 each

Two sets of salt and Pepper Shakers that had a Desoto Dealership stamped on them. $10

Still in the original packaging the tool that is used to remove the Welsh or Freeze plugs from the engine block.  $5

Might not have to ever use the tool but for $5 why not. The guy had about 20 of them in a box

My winter project is to scan the two catalogs into my computer. Slowly getting more data for the cars from the mid 20's to mid 1930's.  These catalogs are getting harder to find. So when at a swap mee always look through a venders literature pile. You never know what you might find. One year i found tow McCord gasket catalogs, one from 109 to 1936 and the other 1937 - 1950's.  These were never used and in perfect condition. I purchased them for 1 dollar each.  I have seen the same catalogs on ebay being listed for over 50-75 dollars.  So build your car library of information because the paper catalogs are al being tossed and put in the trash cans.

Last night I was on ebay and doing some search against the Fel-pro grease retainer/gaskets and some of these are still being listed on ebay for the early cars so this will come in use for me and anyone else with the early cars. The spring catalog is also very helpful since it lists the original Mopar numbers and also the length and other data on the front and rear springs

I will post pictures of the items.

Rich Hartung

front trailpipe holder nos.jpg

easton 1925 -33 spring manual.jpg

spring sheet.jpg

grease retainer manual.jpg

freeze plug puller.jpg

red salt pepper sharkers.jpg

yellow Krause shakers.jpg

yelow shakers.jpg

starter brushes.jpg

• Like 4

Good looking stuff, but those brushes are upside down. 

(When I was working in an architectural office. I would see a set of drawings on the table and announce "These drawings are upside down!   Wait, I'll just go around to the other side of the table to read them."  They were amazed at my ingenious solution.   I'm no longer working at an architectural office.) 

52 minutes ago, capt den said:

love the freeze plug puller. wonder if it actually works well. would love to have one if it does.    dennis

you have to drill a hole in the plug and then the threaded screw on the puller is scredwed into the hole and then you use a wrench to extract the welch plug. For $5 I figure that was a fair price to gamble .

Rich Hartung

5 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

you have to drill a hole in the plug and then the threaded screw on the puller is scredwed into the hole and then you use a wrench to extract the welch plug. For $5 I figure that was a fair price to gamble .

Rich Hartung

You should have bought several. I would have bought one from you.