VIN ID plate location

Jim Roach

Monday, yesterday, DMV/CHP came to my shop to verify vin numbers for me.  On the vehicles they took the engine number. I don’t think DMV cares as long as they get a vin number and we license the vehicles, then they can tax and get revenue accordingly. D the CHP that come out had a list of vehicles to verify, so it is obvious it is a common practice. 

image.jpg

If you can access the inside of that area, and if they were simply filled with plastic filler, you might be able to knock off the "nubbins" that would have been pressed in through the holes, and that might show on the outside, depending on how thick the bondo is.  (Of course, it might also break out a larger area, so maybe not a good idea.)

16 hours ago, Jim Roach said:

The holes have been filled in. I’m hoping once I get the rough location I can pick at it until it reveals itself. Then I can drill it out and attach the replacement tag. Thanks for your help. 

Up above I have a pic of the location based off the bolt on the door hinge, should get you inthe ball park easily.

Thanks for the picture. As it turned out the holes were there, I just couldn't see them because of the dirt. The plate came in yesterday and it looks great. Steve at DCM Classics did a great job. Fast turnaround. Took me longer to find two screws the right size that look alike than it took to mount it. Thanks again for everyone's help. 

52Dodge-ID-Tag.jpg

Did not know they did that, I got mine from Poland

446195138_1Newdataplate.jpg.6c0041c0c6890a544f7411b367b154a2.jpg.1e5f200437cf5b4dadbe346e108ccb38.jpg

Highly recommend, lots to choose from....

His eBay Offerings

Robert's email; g503@interia.pl