Headlight Adjustment Screw?

OUTFXD

Noticed it earlier,  got swept aside by a wave of priorities and forgotten.

The Passenger headlight bucket is missing one Headlight Adjustment screw. Anyone have a parts number or lead on one? Something simple and stupid can be quite annoying to replace on a near 70 year old car!  (Like I need to tell you guys that)

Also, getting tired of the sometimes works if I shift just exactly right and it is in a good mood sticky second gear synchro.  Have considered adding a quart of ATF to the existing Gear oil. Driving 100 miles or so. Draining it and replacing with fresh gear oil.... thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, OUTFXD said:

Also, getting tired of the sometimes works if I shift just exactly right and it is in a good mood sticky second gear synchro.  Have considered adding a quart of ATF to the existing Gear oil. Driving 100 miles or so. Draining it and replacing with fresh gear oil.... thoughts?

This is what cured the second gear crunchies in my P15:

transmission-17.jpg.ecc660b32ea7e937017cfb9533f2a12b.jpg

The oil? A little pricey.

Smooth shifts in all temps? Priceless.   :)

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-Transmission-Transaxle-Lubricant/dp/B000CPCBEG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3PQJZ01RRLZRH&keywords=redline+mtl&qid=1673645781&sprefix=redline+mtl%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

Modern oils are too slippery for our old trannys, keeps the synchros from working as they should. GL-1 might work OK in your transmission but the RedLine is probably your ultimate fix.

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have in the past used atf mixed with the engine oil, did a great job cleaning a engine .... I would imagine it would do good for a gear box or rear end?

I may have to try that myself   :)

Is amazing the things we think of as so simple can be a real pita to find ..... I just ran into the problem hunting down a half moon key. Just a item not been used in automobiles for decades.

I'm have a local ace hardware store a few blocks down the street .... they have a pretty decent selection of hard to find screws & fasteners .... might be worth a look.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

Noticed it earlier,  got swept aside by a wave of priorities and forgotten.

The Passenger headlight bucket is missing one Headlight Adjustment screw. Anyone have a parts number or lead on one? Something simple and stupid can be quite annoying to replace on a near 70 year old car!  (Like I need to tell you guys that)

Thanks in advance!

If you have a parts manual look up the part number for the screw. I have a MoPA small parts and hardare manual and I might beable see if the part number and the screw information is listed.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Thanks 1