Been a little wet here in California

P15-D24

It's pretty crazy. Our primary water source, Lake Cachuma, went from 36% full to the 80% in less than two days. And it is still going up. At this rate it will spill by the end of the week. 

11 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Hopefully some of the rain out there will also get into the Colorado River and help refill Lake Powell and Lake Mead

The Colorado River Basin is fed from Colorado, Utah and even, I think, Wyoming. Maybe some from Idaho too though I think that area is more likely to drain into the Columbia River. So hope for lots of rain, or better, snow for those areas. Snow melt is more likely to soak in and help the local area where it fell while rain is more likely to run off.

Snow level has been pretty high here in Southern California. Most recent storms seemed to have snow above 8,000 ft. Again, better if it was a bit colder to get the snow level down to maybe 6,000 ft. Again, it soaks in better and provides moisture longer into the spring and summer.

Got to appreciate the recent weather here in Cencal.

Monday/Tuesday morning  woke up to  winds and rain pounding down on my roof.  Winds were 50++.  This turned out to be about 3:45am.

Had been up just for a few and went back to lay down again and my window lit up and about 1/2 second later the thunder about shook my bed. Certainly shook my head!

Tried  going back to sleep and about 10 minutes later my cell phone went off with a tornado alert for the next 45 minutes.  Now try to sleep!  Crawl in the bathtub?

WE DO NOT GET TORNADOS!!

Well I guess we can!.  Nothing came of it here, but the weather sure is a changin".

?

We have been above freezing every day since about Dec 28. Certainly a bit odd for where I am. The past few years we have seen several extreme weather events. 

We've  had insane heat. We've had many years of extreme forest fires and related smoke. We hit -33C just before Christmas. Coldest I've seen it since I have lived here. I am in my 20th year here. We just experienced the warmest September I can ever recall. Sunny and warm all month.

I have been doing a little bit of research to try and at least grasp what is going on with our environment. What I am mainly finding, is far from good.