Bump cap

9 foot box

When working under vehicles, I have bumped my head a few times. I bought a 8945 bump cap that fits into a ball cap and is actually comfortable to wear. They can be trimmed to fit, I had not done that in the pictures. Rick D.

36890D9D-2EC9-43E9-A276-FD16A71508FA.jpeg

CA3DE40A-DD8C-47D6-A766-9436681F2B68.jpeg

I may have to look into one of them.. if the liner can be removed as I cannot stand a ball cap....the brim is as stupid as stupid can get in my opinion....but I do have a beanie I wear of heavy denim that while protects me to some degree, I still get bumped, just less severe for the post part.  In working in the trunk of the bz cpe, the hinge brackets are a hazard for sure...two bangs on my head, hurt but protected the scalp.

• Like 1

I read this and renewed my search for a liner to go inside my padded brim denim beanie as I detest a brimmed ball cap.   I happened upon a trim to fit model on the e-bay and ordered one in.  It arrived this morning and in a matter of minutes, I had trimmed to fit and inserted into my beanie hat and surprised at how well it locks into place and holds the shape of the beanie.   Very comfortable and I have high hopes for less severe bruises and dents in my head now.  This is an Ergodyne brand if anyone is interested.

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

for sure, the ball cap brim is constantly blocking my field of view to the point they are annoying, I did 20 years of military and hats,  only in the last couple years did I have to wear a ball cap as my uniform of the day was civilian attire, then dress blues and garrison cap to and from the parking lot only...and only wore the utility ball cap while in QA last short term before retirement as on the flight line a lot.   I was not hot on the beanie but with no brim....they comfortable and afford me some head protection.