HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ONE AND ALL

Plymouthy Adams

Caught a nap after supper and up by midnight to ring in the new year with the ringing of my tubular bells.  They loud but clear notes...better than some of the fireworks.  Shared some sparkling grape juice with mums and 2023 is officially started.  Heading out to the shop for a couple hours piddling and catch another cat nap later, starting 2023 working a tad with the P15.  

Enjoy the day, get the new year started off right and don't overdo the eats or the libations.  

• Like 2

Happy New Year to you as well. Today's lunch menu is a pork loin, sauerkraut, dumplings and mashed potatoes. And it is smelling fantastic. Probably my favorite meal of the year, my wife is an excellent cook. A warm 42 degrees F here. Cloudy but warm for this time of year. Not much on the agenda for today. Probably run the '41 a bit, maybe back it out of the garage for a while, but the roads are too salty for a drive.

• Like 1

being in the south one of the go-to entrees is the dish 'Hoppin' John'  and it is not a bad combo IF and a big IF, seasoned properly.  Typically, collards are served but again, seasoned the southern way which I find a tad foul.   I will do my traditional corned beef, cabbage (sans coins) and likely mashed potatoes and green beans, slow cooked and in the manner mums made then when growing up.  The corned beef is already in the crockpot as will slow cook to the point if almost just falls apart.

The sun just burst through the window here and a very welcomed sign as it drizzled from late evening till about 10 or so this morning.  We predicted to hit the 70 mark and on our way back to somewhat normal temps.  

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone.

Smoked a pork shoulder yesterday for the last day of the year. Some made it to the freezer for the new year. I always enjoy it when food is mentioned in these threads for some reason it puts a smile on my face. All is well so far here for 2023. Will be heading out to the shop soon and get it kicked off right.

• Like 1

no spoilers on the Top Gun Maverick, not seen that yet....likely be a bit before I do.   Lot of folks did not think Cruise was the character for Jack Reacher....but having not read the books I had no preconceived idea of the character and thus did not get a let down.  I had read the book The General's Daughter long ago, then the movie came out...first am not a Travolta fan but the movie was so far from the book it was a major disappointment as most movies stray or omit many details.