P-15 Trunk Lock Problem

savedbygrace719

Hello all. Ive been lurking here the last several months as Ive been preparing to rebuild my 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe. Anyway Ive searched the site and the net and could not find a question to my particular issue. So I hope maybe one of you will have the answer.  Ive got a set of keys to the Plymouth. I key starts her up and the other unlocks both the drivers and passenger front doors. And it even slides into the trunk lock. But it will not turn to lock or unlock the trunk. Am I doing something wrong or did the lock get changed out at some point and requires a key I don't have? What are my options here? Thank you guys in advance

Edited by savedbygrace719

this key is not the same as the door and ignition....likely you did not get this key....you can pick this lock without much difficulty, once the unlocked turn the cylinder about 1/3 toward lock/close and depress the brass pin through the access hole with a paper clip and withdraw the cylinder and key you trunk lock to that of your ignition and door for a one key do it all...BUT...if it is as my 54...the key blank is of the same profile with the one exception of the DEPTH of key..one stop is different making the key line up about 1/3 off from the other in regard to the tumbler.  so be sure if you do this...to gauge and remember to set the key to this depth by hand..if I recall correctly the trunk is pulled reward just a tad to match tumblers location to the ignition.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams