A milestone...

Dan Hiebert

...sort of, more like a road reflector that you zip right on past without noticing.   I put the last roll of pandemic toilet paper on the holder this morning ?.  In doing so, I realized we hadn't bought TP in over two years.  *Sigh*, I'll miss not having TP on the shopping list, but guess who has to make an unplanned trip into town now?

• Haha 1

So now we know who emptied the shelves of TP during the hoarding.

I till have a roll or two of Angel Soft from that time frame on my shelf, there is nothing angelic nor soft about it.  Only reason I have it is because I would rather use gorilla tape instead of Angel Soft so when I could find Charmin I put the AS on the shelf, for visitors, lol..

• Haha 2

I was an educator several years. I used to rate toilet paper at the different universities and airports. ABQ sunport is not bad and the Providence RI airport not bad either. I guess they take more pride for their customers. Ha

Some years ago I was helping out on a big job for work, had to stay at the Hilton for the week.  Got a survey from them about my stay there.  I mentioned that you can tell a hotel's customer service priorities by the TP they use, in this case it was of the John Wayne variety.  When I returned the next week they had Charmin for me, lol.

I usually pack my own.

Well, this turned into a rabbit hole.  So, the worst toilet paper I've ever experienced was in the toilet of the passenger coaches on the Deutch Bundesbahn's troop trains in the early '80s when I was stationed in West Germany.  That stuff was universally despised.  It was like sandpaper or a super thin sheet of wafer board.  It would have been avoidable if we'd only been on the trains for a few hours, but we were usually stuck on them for two or three days.  Cleaned you right up, but you'd have a sore heinie for a week afterwards.   Even now it makes me squirm just to think about it.  Made the C-Rat TP seem like Angel Soft or Charmin in comparison.   

Worst was in October - traveling for work.  Had lunch and then hit Starbucks for a coffee after.  Well, my body said it was time and there was no stopping it!  One toilet open.  Seeing as it was off the highway, it got a lot of use and little attention.  Sat down and my body was doing its thing when I looked and there was NO toilet paper.  I used a stack of seat covers.  Those hurt - it was almost like using printer paper, but I was able to make them work!