Chrysler tail light lens 46-48?

MarcDeSoto

Those don't come up often....first set I've seen in a couple years...

Wish you had the 1946-48 Chrysler front glass  park lamp lenses!

After just searching for pics of 40s Chryslers, it looks like the 40 and 41 Chryslers have the same or similar tail light lens to the 46-48 cars.  The oddball is the 42 Chrysler which has horizontal tail light lens, like a 46-48 Dodge.  Pics below are in order from 40, 41, 42, 46-48.

1940chrys.jpg

41chry.jpg

1942-chrysler-saratoga-highlander.jpg.webp

48chrys.jpg

21 hours ago, MarcDeSoto said:

If anyone has a Chrysler Parts List for 46-48 can you tell me the part number for the tail light lens?  I have two tail light lens NOS and still in the box with part no. 1235538.  And is this the same tail light lens for 1941 and 1942?  Thanks, Marc.

According to the manual I have, 1946-1954-Mopar-Master-Parts-Catalog

1235538 fits the following

1941-1948 C28, C30, C33, C34. C38, C39, C40

• Like 1

Shame you couldn't have contacted me 45 yrs ago......I bought a 48 Chrysler Windsor, quite a rare car here in Oz and it had an extra taillight aside each stock one making two each side PLUS another pair in the trunk as spares...........lol.........considering that these 46-48 Windsors were never sold here in Oz but apparently 10-20 were imported for government use the three sets that my car came with were pretty uncommon.....lol..........of course I sold the car 43 yrs ago and no, I didn't keep the spare set of taillights that were in the trunk...heres the only pics I have of the car......it had the Highlander plaid upholstery to boot & everything worked including the clock........miss it, bought for $100, sold for $200.........sometimes I did/do dumb things..........lol.........andyd 

img005 (6).jpg

That looks like a nice Chrysler!  Well, $100 profit must have made a lot of sense back then, 43 years ago!  Hope the new owner found the missing hubcap.  After looking at the Chryslers above, I see that the 40 Chrysler tail lens taper out on the sides, but the 41, and 46-48 lens have straight sides.  So it looks like these tail light lens would fit a 41 as well as a 46-48.