Replacement wheel studs

cef2lion

On a 1952 Coronet. A few wheel studs are stripped. Looking to switch drivers side to right hand thread in the process. Trying to locate proper replacements. I pressed one out on the front drum using a press a backing the drum behind the stud. 

Studs are non serrated. Closest I have found are Dorman 610-036 but specs don’t match up. 

Specs on stud I removed. 

Head diameter - .9in

Knurl Diameter - .63in

Shoulder length - .5in

Thread diameter - .5in

Thread length - .9in

Stud length - 1.57in

B40CAD06-507B-4E9C-A0C0-8DD7F9B415F5.jpeg

Edited by cef2lion
Updated Knurl Diameter

I am having a bit of difficulty understanding the dimensions of your existing stud. The head and knurl are both 0.9"? If you are calling the knurl the section between the head and the thread, they are not both the same dimension in the photo.

The original 1951/52 Dodge D42 cars all used studs...

Dodge cars for several years used only studs on their drum/hub assemblies.

MoPar OE Part# Rt...687901

L... 687902

On 11/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, cef2lion said:

On a 1952 Coronet. A few wheel studs are stripped. Looking to switch drivers side to right hand thread in the process. Trying to locate proper replacements. I pressed one out on the front drum using a press a backing the drum behind the stud. 

Studs are non serrated. Closest I have found are Dorman 610-036 but specs don’t match up. 

Specs on stud I removed. 

Head diameter - .9in

Knurl Diameter - .63in

Shoulder length - .5in

Thread diameter - .5in

Thread length - .9in

Stud length - 1.57in

B40CAD06-507B-4E9C-A0C0-8DD7F9B415F5.jpeg

I think the original is not knurled because they are retained by a 'crimp', for want of a better word, around the hub hole.   I just buy a replacement with knurling and drill or ream the hole to match.  The last ones I bought were from a trailer parts store.

Andy Bernbaum has them on there site under wheel section for a 52 Dodge. Problem being they are $8 per plus $3 per nut. Adds up quick replacing the entire drivers side plus a few that are bad on on the passenger side. Then again its the only source so far. Was hoping to find another source at a better price. Waiting to hear from the guy I got a NOS heater core from recently. Another option I guess is to do as suggested. Drill and press in serrated ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I just took one of the old studs to the local parts store and matched them up as closely as possible (went with all right hand threads and new nuts) pressed them in and all is well.