dodgepilothouseclub.org site 404

Go to solution Solved by wagoneer,

The http://dodgepilothouseclub.org site returns a 404 now for all pages. Seems it's finally down. 

I did download the whole site awhile back in case of just this situation. Is there any other archive online? I can post it somewhere. Thinking .... of a suitable persistent place.

Edited by wagoneer

The domain may be paid up but is the hosting provider paid through? It’s a lot of data so would be tedious to upload in the normal files way through a very valuable resource 

Edited by wagoneer

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I am hosting a mostly-complete copy of the old pilothouse site here -> https://d1c1t090laorfk.cloudfront.net

I only realized that my scrape of the site wasn't complete once I started clicking around, but there are about 2.5 gb worth of data. The original site is still showing a Page not found error. I'd be glad to host the complete set if I can access it, and if somebody who owns the domain wants to repoint it please get in contact.

• 5 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, Merle Coggins said:

I contacted Bob Koch about it a week or 2 ago. He wasn’t aware it was down but was going to dig into what happened. 

I guess the old site and files are down and gone? 

I have attempted to reach out to Bob on the FB page, messenger, and his gmail multiple times over the last few months and cannot get his attention...last Saturday it looks like I missed him by 6hrs as he posted a warning for FB page participants to stay on topic.  I'm going to keep trying tho, this resource was his project that he should be able to assist in its restoration.

• 4 weeks later...

Bob, Thanks for the update.  Keeping the hackers at bay is a full time job.  Any original files you have would be very helpful and I'm happy to host here. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, wagoneer said:

I am hosting most files already here but a few I’m missing 

if we ha e a complete set somewhere I can host them too.

https://d1c1t090laorfk.cloudfront.net/

I reached out to Bob Koch, who gathered all of the files originally, and asked him about the site status, as well as asking about collaborating to put those files here as an archive.  He was nice enough to send me the source files, and my plan is to begin uploading the files onto a reserved corner of this site within the coming weeks.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, wagoneer said:

@JBNeal I’m curious about the economics of this site. Does it get enough ad revenue to pay the hosting and traffic costs?

You would need to ask GTK, the site owner, I'm sure more funds are always welcome.