49 Ford body style I’ve never seen

pflaming

I remember seeing a movie shot, maybe from White Christmas,  looking down on a long Cadillac with P-38 tail lights and fastback styling.   The the P-38 tail lamps would date the car as 1948 to 1956.  Cadillac had a fastback Sedanette, but the limo, the Series 75, always had a bustle back.  Been wondering about that for years. 

Recently I searched the internet.   (You can find anything on the internet, and it's always true.)   I looked for 6-door and eight-door Cadillacs, custom-bodied professional cars, and found examples of fastback styling. 

First the Sedanette:

1949 Cadillac Sedanette for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1137754

Now 6- and 8- door Cadillacs.  Here's a Woodie, but before the P-38 tail lights.

drm4647

Here we go.  This could be the car in the movie.  It doesn't look so fast-back from this view,  but from above, it would.  (Or maybe someone stretched a Sedanette.)  

Cars In My Life - Luxury Cars

On 11/12/2022 at 1:16 PM, Ulu said:

I think that is a Willy’s Aero. 
Naahhh I must be dreaming.

tail lights are like fords.

It does bear a resemblance, but not  a Willy's.  I had an Aero Eagle w a y back when.  Much shorter/dumpier looking.  But I sure wish I had that little F-head six now.  Or could buy it back for what I sold it for in '61!

Edited by kencombs

The car had the tail lights on the fender tips like a 53 Cadillac as I remember. I think it was the trunk latch that made me think of the aero.

Otherwise it kind a look like maybe a Studebaker inspired shoebox in the front.

That was about 1985. And I wanted to buy that car. It was sitting in our apartment complex for sale one morning, and when I got back that evening it had been sold.