Dual carbs linkage hookup

Pauls46P15
Go to solution Solved by kencombs,

I have dual carbs on and offenhauser manifold. Fuel lines to the front of engine. Using stock gas pedal and linkage. Should the final accelerator rod push the side cam on the carbs or pull the side cam on the carbs when the gas pedal is pushed down.

I have the exact same set up as you. Carter B&B dual carbs with an Offy intake.  I think it is personal preference, as my linkage is to the outside of the carbs (I find it’s easier to get to and make fine adjustments), however, some folks want the pull, linkage between the carbs and block (they feel it looks cleaner).  Either way is doable and functional.  I have a B2C and didn’t have the pull linkage set up originally, so I used the existing linkage and went with the push.

• Like 1

Cool ?. So the push or pull would be just a matter of turning the carbs 180 degrees on the manifold and connecting the throttle rod to the other end of the one carb side cam with the joining rod connected to the opposite end of the carb side cam. On each carb.

Fiddy B2C’s truck linkage and intake manifold are designed to push. Don’t turn you carb’s around. Ideally you need a dual carb linkage. Google Dual Carb linkage P15 and click the Sept. 7, 2018 thread. Mark D and Greg G have pictures of their linkage on that thread. Having a link to each carb from a traverse rod makes tuning the carbs more positive than connecting the carbs together with the Offenhauser link. Read the other links, it will help in your project. I don’t see a throttle return spring, that is a problem, because the carbs won’t return to idle on their own. Look for that thread or I’ll bring it back up for you on the car side of the forum. Or someone with better computer skills than myself, will bring it here. Rick D.

53 minutes ago, 9 foot box said:

Fiddy B2C’s truck linkage and intake manifold are designed to push. Don’t turn you carb’s around. Ideally you need a dual carb linkage. Google Dual Carb linkage P15 and click the Sept. 7, 2018 thread. Mark D and Greg G have pictures of their linkage on that thread. Having a link to each carb from a traverse rod makes tuning the carbs more positive than connecting the carbs together with the Offenhauser link. Read the other links, it will help in your project. I don’t see a throttle return spring, that is a problem, because the carbs won’t return to idle on their own. Look for that thread or I’ll bring it back up for you on the car side of the forum. Or someone with better computer skills than myself, will bring it here. Rick D.

Just now, Pauls46P15 said:

IMG_20221110_202816339_HDR.jpg

I think the setup now which is pull will work now. The throttle plate is partially closed which the Plymouth service book says occurs at idle and it opens gradually with acceleration. This setup is static right now since I still need to add fuel line and wiring 

• 3 weeks later...