found my keys

Plymouthy Adams

but only after the lawn mower found them first when mulching leaves...guess they dropped onto the lawn when digging the Tiger keys out when playing musical cars...thankfully I was able to locate the two of three pieces needed to duplicate....my blank keys arrived this morning and so I ventured to the shop and got out my key cutter and processed keys for three sets.  I so hate losing the original aluminum DPCD logo...but I did cut a signet key for the doors and ignition.  

IMG_0397.JPG

When I was about 4 years old I found a leather key holder that would snap shut over the key.  Stamped “Gardner Oldsmobile” from the local dealership.  I had that for almost 50 years but never used it.  When I got my 35 Dodge KCL pickup on the road 6 years ago I was thrilled to use that key holder. 

dropped and lost it within a week!!!

Jim

bummer...as my bud would say, easy come, easy go but never is it easy for me.  I have a couple of those leather key holders here from different Chrysler dealerships.  My lastest keycase was given to me still NIB.  It is leatherette (grained vinyl) with gold lettering: 

SUNBEAM       FINE CARS BY ROOTES 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kilgore47 said:

Can't believe you found the parts after mulching your keys

me either, luck with me for sure....could never find that third chunk...glad the mulching cover was on else who know how far it could have been flung.  I had already envisioned removing the lock, picking it for to rotate to allow the pin to release the cylinder and then use another key to tailor the tumblers and then cut the proper blank from that donor pattern.  For an added tip.....the ignition key was a 131 and the trunk was 130....they have the same key ways on each side BUT....pay attention to the tip to stop when cutting...either blank can make either key by checking the tip to stop when setting the blank in place.