Windshield Wiper Arm Adjustment.

OUTFXD

So the Monsoons are here.  First rain of the year and when I turn on the wipers,  they clean the top. Then clean the bottom.  The middle,  the part I look through, is just barely touched.

At the local Parts Hause I got a set of wiper arms.

Taking the wipers off the car I noticed a couple screws that appeared to be adjustments.

My question is how do these work. and is there a way to repair or tighten the arms up,  Is there a source for replacements, or am I down to trying to fit a set of Universal arms?

Wiper Arm 1.jpg

Wiper Arm 2.jpg

The small screw is used to lengthen  the arm for a bigger sweep. you might have to bend the wiper blade arm to get a full contact on the glass.  Also kleen off the glass completely with a good window cleaner to get all of the oil and grime that has gotten on the glass.   Then get some Ceramic coating spray and spray some on your glass. I do this on my regular car windows and the rain just get wiped off the glass and do this on my 39 Desoto.

Use the rainex extreme glass cleaner  to cut the oil and film on the windshield then clean it off with a clean microfiber towle and dry completely then use the ceramic spray on the glass.

Rich Hartung.

image.png.af651d71a444a0efa07bcedb231bbff7.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tried tensioning  The arm.  Bent it a bit. Even put a screw under the spring to add pressure between the wiper and the windshield and nothing.  Bought a set of "Universal" arms,  they fit the gear at the base of the windshield,  but where WAY to long.  And I dont think the wiper would fit anywho.

Closer inspection of the arm revealed the words "Model DL"  and "ANCO Rainmaster"engraved on the wiper.  a google search only resulted in wipers for a Subaru DL.

1) where can I get reproduction arms.

2) How does the wiper come off the arm?

Wiper 1.jpg

I have model DL arms on my 47 one ton. My arms adjust 9”to 12”. DL means direct lock and is adjustable by turning the small tab at the 4” mark left or right to loosen for adjustment. The end where the blade connects rotates also. There were at least three different DL model lengths, hopefully you have the short version. The arms and blades on my P15 cars are both 10”. The blades for a DL look like the third picture and release by pulling out the small tab on the right of the connection. I don’t know how your blade would disconnect with that newer style blade. A P15 has a 903433 right and 903434 left arm, the blade is a 830237 blade saddle hook style attachment. Rockauto has two 10” blades, a Trico 33101 and a Anco 2010, the Trico will attach to a DL or saddle hook but the Anco only to the DL. Rick D.

40685335-638B-4E33-8173-24A19629D9A8.jpeg

C5646330-81CD-41CD-AF86-8A52D435ACB9.jpeg

93C22233-C89D-444C-A309-31268FC3FE27.jpeg

1C73EDD3-72AC-4D71-AA1E-15E3531C6131.jpeg

• Thanks 1