Bolts required for a pilot house frame off

pflaming

If memory serves me correct, only 16 bolts are required to do a PH frame off. What that then allows one to do is raise the chassis and most of the work is at bench height. This eliminates most “on the concrete’ work.  

0FD6C81E-1049-4D79-8DD3-8CE62FD06ABF.jpeg

A5AD8B0E-771E-40CC-B178-677ABC2DBF4C.jpeg

There are 4 cab mounting bolts, but you'll also need to remove the steering column/gear box unless you are able to raise the cab high enough to clear the steering shaft. and if you do leave the steering gear in place you'll want to remove the steering wheel. It'll fit through the floor opening, but you may need to be able to twist the cab around to get the right angle to get it through. You'll also have to deal with all of the electrical wiring that connects the cab functions to the chassis functions. 

This is a major undertaking. Are you sure you are up for this? I haven't seen you complete your other projects yet. Shouldn't you focus on them first before you move everything to Maine? 

Good advise. Thankyou. Will not remove the cab. We have delayed moving east. I’m focusing on completing those projects.  Was on track when I broke my leg. It is healing nicely, just have to wait out the healing process.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 6:33 AM, pflaming said:

Good advise. Thankyou. Will not remove the cab. We have delayed moving east. I’m focusing on completing those projects.  Was on track when I broke my leg. It is healing nicely, just have to wait out the healing process.  

Now a good time to find the parts that you will need when you get back to work, this will save you time in the long run.

9 hours ago, Bob Ritter said:

Now a good time to find the parts that you will need when you get back to work, this will save you time in the long run.

That is what I am doing and also finding good advise via surfing.