Old Emergency Light

Kilgore47

A few years back I found an old emergency light in a pile ready to be thrown away.  I was working at a pipe fab shop at the time.  So I rescued it, cleaned it up and put it on a shelf.  A few days back a friend's son was looking for a light for his room.  Told him I have just the thing.  We stripped all the old 6 volt charger, battery and lights out of it and plan to go back with LED lights.  

Turns out the lights are 6 volt sealed beams.  They are GE 4510-1 auto utility bulbs.  4 3/8" diameter.  In good shape.  I think I can turn these into fog lights for the 47 P15.  There are a couple of old antique tractor light housings in my parts bin.  I think these can be cleaned up and used for fog lights.  Just need to build some brackets.

Old Emergency Light.jpg

• Like 1

Back up lights?....  (I have saved some of those 6V bulbs out of emergency lights as well - I think about the same diameter, but they're in plastic housings instead of the much more desirable chrome plated steel one you show here.)  I DO like to have lots of light when backing up.....

On 10/17/2022 at 11:23 AM, Eneto-55 said:

but they're in plastic housings instead of the much more desirable chrome plated steel one you show here

I gave the fixture to my friends son before I knew what the lights were.  So the nice housings stay with his project.  I get the 6 volt bulbs and I'll figure out another way to mount them.

Going for a steam punk look.  The 6 volt meter and indicator lights will work when it's complete.

Project.jpg