I broke my leg yesterday (Thursday)

pflaming

That sounds like a awful fracture and I wouldn’t want to be in your [s]shoes[/s] shoe right now.

I remember just a few years ago that Darlene was on a knee scooter with a bad leg. I hope this doesn’t run in the family.

I sure wish you had sold that silly buggy, and went back to work on your Plymouth, buddy. This is no joke.

I have two active friends who used knee scooters after surgeries recently.  Bummer that they needed them in the first place, but that seemed the way to go to get around, albeit a little tricky outdoors.  They're both silver lining people and managed to have some fun with them.  I hope your recovery is quick and uneventful. 

pretty much the same break I had...but I was out playing "cool kid" skydiving and tried to be TOO fancy on my landing....lucky I didn't do worse!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Stitches and staples were removed on Wednesday and a new cast. But I’m required to stay with the wheel chair for another four weeks.  So I’m trying to figure out what to do during that time. 

117089E9-73A9-44D5-89A5-628FC687AF8C.jpeg

71E33B23-E67C-4AD1-A163-65DC29A4EC5C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Pflaming.

Sorry to hear about your accident. As you know with age comes slower healing. But I do have a suggestion for you.

You look like a go to kinda guy judging from that monstrosity project you're working on. so for the next 6 weeks you'll be bored. Get some parts and motorize that wheel chair. It will give you something to do and help with you mobility as well. A Silver Bullet II so to speak. Just put a crash guard around the foot sticking out so if you hit something at speed it won't delay your healing time.

Joe Lee

• Haha 1

Just be extra careful getting around and pulling parts at the wheel chair wrecking yard as you shop for the parts.

It can dangerous!  ?

DJ

• Haha 1

This coming Thursday I see the surgeon and get a different cast. I hope it is a walking one. Here is same information on a broken leg. One can work with one arm,eye, ear but if one leg is gone, you lose your arms, and your eyes and ears work differently. So, protect those feet and legs. 

• Like 1