Carb cleaning?

Chris-R

Simple Green is a Name Brand, they make many different types of cleaners.  If you are concerned about aluminum, they make a solution for that.

https://simplegreen.com/industrial/products/extreme-aircraft-precision-cleaner/

Purple Power is alkaline, which is a base and can be corrosive.

It is real interesting comparing the safety data sheets between Purple Power and Simple Green.

You best be wearing the appropriate PPE with the purple stuff. 

Simple Green first aid measures

Inhalation: Not expected to cause respiratory irritation. If adverse effect occurs, move to fresh air.

Skin Contact: Not expected to cause skin irritation. If adverse effect occurs, rinse skin with water.

Eye Contact: Not expected to cause eye irritation. If adverse effect occurs, flush eyes with water.

Ingestion: May cause upset stomach. Drink plenty of water to dilute. See section 11.

Most Important Symptoms/Effects, Acute and Delayed: None known

Purple Power First aid measures

General Info: Remove any clothing soiled by this product and wash before re-using.
Inhalation: Ensure supply of fresh air.
Eye Contact: Rinse cautiously with water for a few minutes. Remove contact lenses if any then continue flushing.
Skin contact: Remove all contaminated clothing immediately. Rinse area for several minutes with water.
Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. If person is conscious give 1-2 glasses of water and seek medical attention.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sniper said:

Purple Power is alkaline,

I was burnt on my leg with caustic soda (an alkaline) at work.  (New job and only worked there 7 days) It took 6 months for the skin on my leg to grow back. After the Dr. said I was lucky. They have seen amputations with a burn like what I had. 

The difference between acid and alkaline is an acid will dilute itself. Alkaline, caustic soda, does not and can only be washed away by water for 30 minutes or more until a proper ph can be achieved. skin ph is slightly acid (6.8) my leg measured 9 after 30 minutes of flushing with water. That was 5 years ago. I have scaring and still no feeling in that portion of my leg from that accident.

Lesson: Caustic soda may clean very well but it is a harsh chemical. Wear gloves if you use it. Better yet use something else.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sniper said:

1. That ball seals the end of the passageway that comes from the accelerator pump and feeds the pump jet.  It shouldn't come out.  The plug on the outside of that cavity is what you pull to access the pump jet, as mentioned I show how in my link.

2. Looking at my pics in the link, it does not appear to be bent.  Lay a straight edge across it to see if it's flat.  If it is not you probably have a leak there and it needs addressed.

How does that pump jet plug go back in after you prised it out? I watched another video where the rebuilder smeared it with JB Weld to fasten it but that looked pretty horrible to me, especially if it ever has to come out again.