Rear Brake Drum

uncleaud

I am the proud new owner of a 1947 Chrysler Saratoga. Its been "stored" in a barn since 87. Took me a few days to replace ignition wires that the mice or rats chewed off. Rebuilt the carb and it runs like a champ, no smoke or stumble. The brakes were seized from the time in "storage"and I have that solved except for right rear drum. Someone previously used the wrong puller resulting a cracked and warped drum. Everything I have found online seems to have big price tags associated with them. Are there places or persons that deal in used parts that this group is aware of? This group has been a big help in my new adventure, thanks.

Your Chryser has the 12" X 2" large 8 cylinder hub drums only 1941-48.

Saratoga and  New Yorker share the same drums. Maybe 1940 too...

These drums are bigger than the same years six cylinder cars. Those being the Royal and Windsor small hub 12" X 2"  drum.

Not an easy drum to find.

Chrysler straight 8 parts have always been costly and tough to find sadly.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

there are salvage yards that have alot of old mopars. try browns in texas, fair prices but this could be a fairly costly part. i bought a rear drum about 10 years ago for a 54 windsor and it was $150.prices are up now.  their # is 940 393 2469 .   capt den