12V electric wiper kits

ggdad1951

I rebuilt the stock vacuum wiper motors and will be reinstalling them. I'm going to add a small vacuum pump and a tank, so that when vacuum is too low, I still have full speed wipers. A check valve and pressure switch will enable to pump when it's needed only. I know it's not really "original' but I like the look of original and I can hide the pump and tank.

• Like 1

If 12 volts are in vehicle you may want to check into something like these other makes used factory vacuum pumps and are not too high? priced new or used.

Just a thought for some?

There where others like Cadillac? but not sure , checked on these for a friend with a high lift cam (low vacuum) some years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Brake-Booster-Vacuum-Volvo/dp/B07JDB4C56

DJ

10 minutes ago, bkahler said:

On my 2001 F250 SD with the 7.3 the Vacuum Pump is electric powered and it's mounted on the right front inner fender.

Maybe it was just on the earlier ones then. I'm trying to remember... I think it was a '92 F450 SuperDuty service truck that I had that had the belt driven pump. I rigged a fitting off of it so that I could pull vacuum on hydraulic tanks for repair work without needing to drain the tank. 

Interesting idea, I have a 2006 3500 5.9 ram with a vacuum pump I believe ( although I really haven’t worked on it)?? That would provide low rpm vacuum I would think. 
  Just some input, I have 12v electric wipers on my 47, not something I would recommend installing. They are weak at best and you need the windshield wet. 

On 10/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, lostviking said:

I rebuilt the stock vacuum wiper motors and will be reinstalling them. I'm going to add a small vacuum pump and a tank, so that when vacuum is too low, I still have full speed wipers. A check valve and pressure switch will enable to pump when it's needed only. I know it's not really "original' but I like the look of original and I can hide the pump and tank.

That's a great idea.  Should easily be able to fit the tank up under the dash - no one would ever see it.   (I had been thinking of looking for a 6V electric wiper motor to adapt in place of the vacuum deal, because it's a pain when you have to let off of the gas just to get the wipers to go again...