A sighting

busycoupe

My wife and I are taking a brief vacation on Cape Cod. Today we had lunch at a fish restaurant in Yarmouth, MA. They had ris car parked next to the restaurant.  It has been repowered, I don't know with what, but when I peeked in the window I could see a modern steering column and a floor shifter for an automatic transmission. 

614D2F56-0669-4755-B341-206F42476578.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm fairly sure they would not have minded if you opened the hood and took a peek!  ? ?

DJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

I'm fairly sure they would not have minded if you opened the hood and took a peek!  ? ?

DJ

As an owner of antique car if someone jsut went over and opened the hood to my car without asking for permission I would be very upset.  How would you feel if someone at a car show did that to your car or truck or even opened the door and sat inthe car without your approval.  Not a good way to win friends.

New take for granted that as an antique car owner that you an just do anything to someone else car or truck, you always ask for permission to look at the car. Most owners will be glad to show you the car after asking BUT NEVER ASSUME YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TOUCH ANOTHER PERSONS CAR. what would have happened if the owner had an alarm onthe car, you would look like a real fool.

I do not mined people looking inthe windows of my car and if they show interest that I most often let them sit inthe car especially if they have a young child. Most people never get the experience of sitting in an older car.

So my question is if you go to Hershey and attend the car show and there is a fully restored 1930's Duesenberg would you just go up and open the doors and touch the car, I think not. The owner of the car would be very upset and it would not be a very pleasant experience for you at the time. 

Rich Hartung