'46 WC exterior door handle assembly

Solga

I need some help with the exterior door handles on my '46 WC.  I have the shop manual, but there are not any diagrams or drawing of how these things are assembled.  When I got the truck,  I am pretty sure I got all the parts, but I just can not figure this thing out.  I can take the outside door handle, and slide the square shaft into a hole, and open the door, but what keeps the handle from falling out ?  Anyone have a diagram, or pictures of how this goes together ?

Adam

Aaa   There should be two holes in the escutcheon on the handle. Two 10-32 countersunk oval head screws hold the handle to the door. The handle has to be turned down to the opening position to install the screws. This is assuming you have the correct handles. 

FF7838C0-1BF8-4EC7-8294-4665CFE4C0C3.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you for the information !

The drivers door was taken apart by someone other than me, and the window still rolls up and down ok. It is kinda hard for me to describe the pieces and parts that I do have so when I get up and moving around, I will take a pic of the parts I have for it. I looked previously and I'm not so sure I see any pieces where a set screw would go...although I could have missed them too.

Here are the parts that I have for the exterior door. Unless I am missing something, I can not figure out how the handle stays in the door. I was really hoping to avoid taking apart the other door, but it looks like I just may have to.

PXL_20220923_221743783_copy_3060x2304.jpg