Inner door window channel

RazburyPly48

Looking for a source for the window channel that goes INSIDE the door for the glass to slide on for my '48 Plymouth coupe. Plenty of places for upper window channel-the stuff at the top of the door when the window is up-wind lace and much more. But haven't found that. Don't want the window to rattle when it's in the down position.  Thanks.

Whiskers are the horizontal pieces at the bottom edge of the opening.   Check inside the door with the interior panel (door card) removed.  Most 'C' channels continue down into the door in  a metal track...at least the truck doors are that way.  Hope this helps.

Dick Hultman

SW PA

'46 WC pickup and '57 FFPW

Vintage Power Wagons has the window channel and other assorted bits & clips.  Check also DCM in Michigan.  I also dealt with Autoglassics, in Oregon I think, for replacement flat glass and many of the other parts like channel, whiskers, clips, and rubber moulding.  They are on eBay.

Dick Hultman

SW PA

'46 WC pickup & '57 FFPW

I don't know for sure if its one piece -its gone on the front side of the door. The rear door part-we're talking passenger club coupe door- has a piece that hangs on the metal channel with a wire bent to stay there. It is completely worn out. Thanks guys. I'll do some calling.

• 1 month later...

Hi Raz,

I'm doing the same on my 49 P15C. The felt that goes inside the metal channel is one of the parts I haven't found, even on Mark's restoration videos on youtube dont match the ones for 46 thru 49. So, after trying a few different mopar ones from the 60's I found one that fits. You just have to cut it to length. CRL Flexible Flocked Rubber Glass Run Channel for 1960-1961 Valiant and Lancer - 96 in long - - Amazon.com

There is a guide on the top of the channel that I need and can't find either.

If your still in need of the info, I hope this helps.

Here are Marks video's 

• Like 1