New guy here

Porsche 68

Hello all I hope I’m in the right place I see it says mid 30d and mopar I have a 1934 dodge coupe that’s been sitting since 1967 Motor was seized and it was dirty I spent a month and half getting parts for the motor did an in frame rebuild new rings main and rod bearings car runs and drives excellent it’s still amazing how a car sat for so long and runs and drives so well But hey it’s a Dodge I am not going to restore it I think it looks great the way it is! Thank you all John 

5661E93D-CD78-449C-9C53-5B4C4A6A7313.jpeg

• Like 15

Nice ride.  Always liked the roof line and windows on those coupes.  Welcome.  If it were mine, I would dress up those artillery wheels.  New paint and polished trim rings and hubcaps would set the car off. Look on line for some typical wheel pinstripe patterns used in the 30s

Thanks all for the reply’s I’m keeping the car just the way is I like barn fresh cars they have so much caricature and they tell a story of there past life I bought it from the original owner My other car is a 1925 Dodge Brothers woody another barn / backyard find 

D1408853-0BDB-49EC-8573-881283D02FBD.jpeg

B1778A48-D678-4642-AE14-E04E9074F177.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome. You found a great spot here for flathead era Mopars. Your '34 Dodge is wonderful. I too like it as is. A very classy car design. The long nose and the rear cab. By the next year the style was gone. Followed by long curving lines.

1935 Dodge Coupe:

1096302654_ScreenShot2022-09-02at7_44_29AM.png.d33958b5533a391ce9fd25481b530590.png

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Porsche 68 said:

Thanks all for the reply’s I’m keeping the car just the way is I like barn fresh cars they have so much caricature and they tell a story of there past life I bought it from the original owner My other car is a 1925 Dodge Brothers woody another barn / backyard find 

D1408853-0BDB-49EC-8573-881283D02FBD.jpeg

B1778A48-D678-4642-AE14-E04E9074F177.jpeg

Awesome Dodges! The '25 wagon is in excellent shape and looks to have a body made by Cantrell, who also made the same style body for the 1925 Ford Model T. I found a picture of what I believe to be the same vehicle (I colorized it to bring out the details) and although it was a very open design, it did come with side curtains to button it up against inclement weather. Great finds!

25 Dodge wagon-Repaired-Enhanced-Colorized.jpeg

The Woodie shown wheels sunk from years of sitting and then cleaned up is great.

My favorite is the 34 rumble seat coupe and I would love to see more pictures. I own a 34 PE and in comparison, the Dodge hood appears longer which may just be the lack of the louvered doors on the hood for air flow while the headlight buckets being stretched longer than those on the PE make it look faster just sitting still. Both of these slight differences really complement the Dodge just adding to those classic lines of these siblings.  Does this car have a functioning roll down rear window and intact rumble seat as well?

Welcome and thanks for posting

Vee money everything on the car works amazingly Had to do brake wheel cylinders grease everything did have to do a in frame motor rebuild runs smoothly no smoke very nice driving car It was well taken care of before it was taken off the road in 1967

111445BA-7A37-4C18-8620-9D7E6966910D.jpeg

• Like 2

Porsche68........welcome aboard..........thats one nice 34 Dodge.......I have the original radiator cap/mascot from a 34 Dodge sedan my grandfather had here in Oz after WW2, unfortunately it had corroded where the actual cap attaches so ended up being just a shelf exhibit for years till he gave it to me in the early 70's when I obtained my still owned 1940 Dodge.......anyway you have a very nice car there.........I understand the patina thing but its such a nice car that it would appreciate, lol, a nice suitable paint touch up in a few places.........lol..........but either way its just nice to see it being used and on the road...........again, Welcome from Oz........Andy Douglas  

Welcome!  Nice '34.  I like the original patina.  I also like Mr. Chrysler's prewar styling with the long hood.  To echo Marc's query, do you know the story on that green building?  Looks similar to a prefab gas station I saw in a salvage yard in NM many years ago.

Marc Desoto it’s an old Texaco gas station it’s up the street from my house still lots of stuff inside a friend of mine has the gas pumps and grease rack It’s amazing the car has been incredibly reliable I get in start it up and drive it anywhere over 200 miles on it so far going to our local car show to night John

Welcome aboard!

Where are you located?

That '34 is an absolute head-turner! Very unique. A million thanks for resurrecting that flathead rather than ripping this cars heart out. This rig is going to put a whole lot of smiles on a whole lot of faces.