Distributor interchange

Hickory

I own a 29 desoto k series with a 174.9 ci engine. The car came with an northeastern electric distributor. Parts are hard to find and expensive when found. Meyers is the only supplier i have found. The same cara were also offered with a delco 631. Also getting hard to find but you can find parts. So im considering a swap. My thought are there other interchange and would one with vacuum advance be an advantage. Any help is welcomed

Yes the Northeast parts are very scarse to find and costly.  First you might also have to chnage out the starter switch and coil becsue the starter switch on the dash has the special coil attached to the back of the switch and not sure if the delco switch is the same.

I have a 1926 - 1934 Original equipment Service catalog.  This shows the various electrical parts and the part numbers and also has pictures of the electrical components for Delco and Northeast.

This type of catalog is so important for finding the correct parts for your car. The catalog is approx 190 pages.

This is a catalog that you really need to have for your 29 Desoto. I have these on CD and or can send to you on a Flashdrive.

Contact me  Rich Hartung Desoto1939@aol.com  I live near Philadelphia Pa near Valley Forge  Home 610-630-9188  cell 484-431-8157