North Country Cruisers 22nd

Dan Hiebert

Annual Show & Shine weekend is August 27-28.  Rain or shine.  Located at the Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum in Littleton, ME.  Right off US-1 (also the location of Pluto in the University of Maine Presque Isle's scale model of the solar system that runs along US-1...if you're into that).  Registration is free, donations accepted, and although I'm VP of the North Country Cruisers Car Club, I'm still a little foggy on how many classes we have, either 20, 21, or 22, the crew keeps waffling on that during meetings when I'm not present.  Pre-registration starts at 0800 on Saturday, with an ice cream run (Houlton Farms Dairy, mmmm!) starting at 1400 from the Museum.  Bonfire at one of the member's house that night (gotta show up to find out who.)  Registration begins at 0800 Sunday, awards at 1400.  Judged by owners and spectators, NCC members' cars aren't judged.  A little over 160 cars last year, this year the border is open, and we usually get another 50-60 really nice cars from Canada (we've traditionally had right around 200 cars each show, pretty good for northern Maine).  Food trailer, Silent Auction, teeter-totter, DJ, give-aways, Blind-man's Bluff ATV course.  Lots of fun.  I know it's a haul for everyone, but if you find yourself in the vicinity of the northern beginning / end of I-95 that weekend, it would be worth a visit.

Edited by Dan Hiebert

If I do, it'll have to be a day trip.  I've been following along but have two things stacked against me; 1) the ol' D24 is still 10-7 (out of service) without a radiator; and 2) current gas prices and inflation vs. my income.  Burned our spare change up on that trip to New Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome show (for these parts).  Perfect weather, mid 70's, gentle breeze, and not a cloud in the sky.  Canadians were well represented as we had hoped, but current inflation kept many away since it's an overnighter for a lot of folks - One of the downfalls of doing a show this far from "civilization".  Two "new" P15s made it, one well restored to original, one nicely hot-rodded.  A smattering of other MoPars.  Didn't take any of our cars, and I didn't get any photos, although I'll try to dig a couple up from other folks later this week.  Too busy helping run the show this year.  Although I did get to partake in my favorite part of car shows, talking to other owners, making new friends, and talking-up our hobby with folks that think we're mostly nuts for doing this stuff.  

Based on current plans, we will move to the Bath, Maine area in May. Will ship my truck so sill have that to drive to the show next year. We are in a heat wave here, already some 20 days above 100 and expecting another 10 more. It is time to get out of here.