Ignition switch install?

OUTFXD

When I got Jacquiline she had a universal ignition switch.  I lost one of the keys.  Easy enough to hot wire and drive home to get the spare key,  But then I only have a single key.  Instead of making a copy I ordered an appropriate ignition switch from MoParPro. 

Got it today and cant figure out how to install it.  it has a couple slots that look like a slip on clamp.  But there isnt a clamp and no place for one to bolt under the dash.  There is a screw, but no hole for it to go through to fasten the switch down.  I looked in my service manual but it didnt cover bolting the ignition to the dash.

Any help would be apriciated!

Where was the generic switch? The oem switch goes in the center of the control panel that bolts to the bottom of the dash. There is also a spacer ring that goes between the switch and the panel. I believe it's for the light but I rewired my car in 08 so it's been a while. Then as the other reply said the screw goes straight up from the bottom. 

DSC02033.jpg

Edited by Young Ed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Where was the generic switch? The oem switch goes in the center of the control panel that bolts to the bottom of the dash. There is also a spacer ring that goes between the switch and the panel. I believe it's for the light but I rewired my car in 08 so it's been a while. Then as the other reply said the screw goes straight up from the bottom. 

After seeing your picture things make more sense and I am suspecting that I am missing some pieces!

Ignition switch 2.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD

2 hours ago, joecoozie said:

Can you post a picture of what you bought?

After seeing YoungEd's picture this set up makes more sense.  Using the Generic switch as a template It made no sense at all!

Ignition switch 1.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD

So what your missing is the collar and the bezel. so what I did is I found a seller on Ebay (frenchlakeautoparts) and asked if they had and would sell the complete ignition unit with all three parts. switch, collar and chrome bezel. You might be able to find the same setup and retain the proper wiring for your car. Happy hunting

• Like 1

The problem is when they installed the aftermarket switch, they remove the inside bracket that locks the switch in place. Your going to need to replace the lower dash panel to make everything fit. There is no way to add another switch in there without removing the mounding bracket. The good news is that these panels are easy to find.

• Like 1