It Took This Long To Find Out

Mike Fix

So, I've had a B3D since the mid-80s. It was is pretty good shape but considered it a retirement project. Unfortunately, a few years back, a very large fir tree completely flattened the cab. I was so disappointed that I didn't even remove the tree until recently. I've been using parts off of it for my other 2 pilothouse projects. My first surprise after all these years, was to find out it is a 1951, not 1952 like the title says. The title used the engine number. I just cleaned off enough of the paint on the door frame tag to find out it was a 51. 

The 2nd big surprise came this morning when I removed the seat for the first time since I bought it. The pictures below show what I found. It includes a stainless steel right-side parking light bucket and upper trim. Unfortunately. a previous owner drilled a hole in the bottom of the bucket to be able to mount a different light assembly.

I guess I should have looked under the seat many years ago. 

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Better late than never I guess, Salvage what you can.

• 1 month later...