Rear End ID

Sammy Rhoden

I bought a rear end for my 1952 Plymouth Cranbrook. Not sure if it will work with my vehicle. Person I bought it from said it was from a Dodge Truck and is the same as mine. Only ID on it is the following numbers. 8348 and below it is 1115941-31. Does anyone have a way to tell me what my newly bought rear end is and what it fits. I will keep searching until I find something to distinguish what it is. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you purchased the whole drum to drum rear end or just the center section. I purchased a drum to drum rear end with the numbers 1115941-7 on the center section that was out of a 1948 plymouth sedan for my truck. I just used the center section that I swapped into my truck to get better highway gearing. Based on the numbers I would say you have a mopar rear end from the correct timeframe. You can find out what gear ratio you have by locating the stamped numbers as shown in the pictures attached. The car rear end I purchased had the leaf spring mounts on the bottom though and my truck has the mounts on the top of the axle so be aware if you intend to use the whole rear end that you may need to relocate them if they don't match your car set-up.IMG_0229.JPG.a2e05f10841ba75600d69e800e3431ed.JPGIMG_0212.JPG.96867179b2061bafb6fb084132bcc242.JPG