Modern Tires

dgrinnan

I have Goodyear Wrangler SRAs on my 47WC original truck rims with no tubes and no issues. Been running this set for a few years. Radials really make a big difference on the handling of the truck compared to the bias ply tires. 

• Like 1

Even though I was young in the whitewall era, I never really liked them.  well, except for the really narrow ones that didn't touch the wheel.  They were popular about the same time as really narrow men's ties.  Otherwise I always mounted the inside.

• Like 1

Yeah the tires are certainly a individual choice of the driver. .....I love the look of this truck, but it is not for me.

image.jpeg.3a577f4f13bb2a7dc15f9426d44e0320.jpeg

While I have a 1949 1/2 ton, just saying I want to try to make it look more like a big truck ..... While still being a pickup.

There is simply nothing wrong with either choice .... it is up to the owner & what they want to build.

Trucks Are Beautiful - Page 64 - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck  Message Board Network

• Like 1

It is hard to mess up the look of these iconic trucks.  I am going for the look of the black truck.  Once I have mine road ready it is heading to paint.  Still on the fence if I am going to paint it solid black or red with black fenders like the picture of the big truck. 

I'm a fan of the whitewalls also. Individual choice I guess. I know that back in the day, the farmers who had these trucks didn't have whitewalls; they were just farm work trucks, dirty and banged up. But, now, for me, this one anyway, is not a work truck, just a fun toy. 

51 Dodge At Wellesley.jpg

Edited by Dodgeed
  • Like 2