39 Tranny?

SteveR

I have a dilemma. My car is a 37 Plymouth with a 51 230 engine and what appears to be a 39 tranny with 40 synchro rings. I am in need of the main shaft due to the journal being worn.

I have looked online and it looks like I might have a 39 main shaft (665469), but I have 2 grooves and what I see on ebay is only 1 groove for the synchro and 2nd gear.

I have attached photos of my main shaft. What is the correct shaft for my tranny? My shaft measures 10.5" long. The 3rd picture is my clutch gear and synchro rings and 3 broken stops.

Any help will be appreciated

Steve

DSCF4237.JPG

DSCF4239.JPG

IMG_20220604_100014.jpg

I have sorted out my tranny. My car is a 37 Plymouth with a 39 dodge tranny (painted on the side with yellow junkyard paint) and 40 Syncro rings. As soon as my mainshaft comes from America I can then put it all back together. This should be the end of Aug to early Sept. I can't wait.