New guy on the forum, having troubles finding parts

Slikk

Yeah you never know where to find them. Facebook marketplace and craiglist are also good. I just scored a pristine hood and two NOS fenders for my GA at what I thought was a great price for impossible to find parts.  Another good place to check is the Facebook Pilothouse club. Doug Crozier on there often has parts and will ship them. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:26 PM, jsd245 said:

Yeah you never know where to find them. Facebook marketplace and craiglist are also good. I just scored a pristine hood and two NOS fenders for my GA at what I thought was a great price for impossible to find parts.  Another good place to check is the Facebook Pilothouse club. Doug Crozier on there often has parts and will ship them. 

Don't expect a return call from Doug if he doesn't have it.  Not overly impressed with his operation.....

On 7/31/2022 at 3:14 PM, bkahler said:

Don't expect a return call from Doug if he doesn't have it.  Not overly impressed with his operation.....

I only dealt with him once but I found him to be pretty responsive. he didn't have what I was looking for , but ending up having a couple body parts I needed. 

odd, I've had to get several parts from him and always found him responsive...more via text and FB mesenger tho vs. a direct call.

Desert Valley Auto Parts.  www.https://www.dvap.com/ They have two locations. They had a reality show on Discover but it only lasted one season.  Here is the phone number with the location that has two 1947 Dodge 1/2 ton that should have the springs you are looking for.  There is not much left on them.  They are pretty rough.

Dodge trucks 1-800-798-2465

A second salvage yard is http://www.rockymountainrelics.net/  the problem with them is it is mostly a one man operation and he is semi retired.  He does not take an form of electronic payment.  He will ship and item but you have to mail him a check first.  Once he has the check he will send the part. It seem a little shady but I took a chance.  I had to mail the check to his house (bells and whistles going off).  My parts did show up the following week.  You must be very clear about what you want I would put it in writing in an email.  (970) 686-2926

Edited by dgrinnan

6 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

odd, I've had to get several parts from him and always found him responsive...more via text and FB mesenger tho vs. a direct call.

My only issue is he indicated he would call me back the next day once he checked his parts trucks.  After a week with no return call I called and ended up leaving a message and still didn't get a return call.  I dislike people who don't follow through with what they say they are going to do.  If you say you're going to do something, do it.  I tend to not deal with someone like that even if I know they have what I'm looking for.....

6 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

20 minutes ago, bkahler said:

My only issue is he indicated he would call me back the next day once he checked his parts trucks.  After a week with no return call I called and ended up leaving a message and still didn't get a return call.  I dislike people who don't follow through with what they say they are going to do.  If you say you're going to do something, do it.  I tend to not deal with someone like that even if I know they have what I'm looking for.....

I dealt with him only  through FB messenger too. 

On 7/29/2022 at 12:26 PM, jsd245 said:

I bought some toe boards & a transmission cover from Doug Crozier.  ...... I have a new floor pan I need to install. The modern stuff is just made out of such thin metal I feel I may need to run some bracing under it .... or it may oil can while stepping on it. ...... I really did not want to order new toe boards with same issue.

I talked to @Doug Crozier & he sent me a used set of what I wanted .... Not easy buying used floors for a 70 year old vehicle.

I admit they have some pitting, not perfect, but extremely usable ... 10X better then what is available today.

I'm very pleased with his service, efficiency of shipping & price. I will order more parts when I'm ready.