Found a NOS oil pump wondering if it will work on my engine

Marcel Backs

My NOS connection has found 2 oil pumps. 2nd one pictured has part no. 486381 (bottom 2 imaqes) &  the 1st  one has 1314611-83 stamped on it (top 2 pics) and appears to have a different housing . Can anyone with an interchange manual tell me if either of these would be compatible in fitting my 23 1/4" head 1940 218 engine. The one in the top two images appears to be from an older model engine. The bottom 2 pics show one that may be a little more compatible with the addition of a blocked off port which my parts supplier says may be for an external pressure relief vale or for maybe priming it , All the Best! Marcel PS The 1940 parts list which my buddy was kind enough to lend me indicates part no. 601269 as the pump used by Chrysler for the 23 1/4 " 218 in the D14. Is Melling 37A equivalent?

691130554_thumbnail_image0(1).jpg.fa25f7f6961f9a45d265fdb72b86432e.jpg

thumbnail_image3.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Edited by Marcel Backs
grammar

• Marcel Backs changed the title to Found a NOS oil pump wondering if it will work on my engine