Lower shock mount

I’m trying to remove the front, passenger side, lower, shock mount from my 41 WC. I snapped the stud on one side and cut the frozen nut from the other. I then used a combination of heat, penetrating oil, and a big sledge with a drive pin, but it’s not budging. Any suggestions before I start drilling? Thx

I had a look at mine. Probably lots of rust in the bolt and axle. I would try, leaving it soaked overnight with penetrating oil, apply lots of heat and maybe an air hammer?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If patients completely fails, because it takes time to free some bolts, make sure you center punch it and use a Kobalt drill. A smallish one. You just want a hole through it, not to drill it completely out. That should relax the "fit" a little and help you get it moving.