Magnetic Oil Drain Plug?

OUTFXD

For those not in the know,  I found Metal files in my oil. 

In an effort to save the motor. I plan on flushing the motor to get as much as possible out.

Started Looking for a Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Thread Pitch 7/8x14.

The local Parts Hauses have nothing and every search I do tries to sell me Plugs with Metric Thread pitches.

Anyone have a lead on one that will fir our cars?

You can push into the pan a nice strong magnet and leave a string wrapped around the plug  threads or just leave it inside to capture anything close to the edge so you can fish it out later with your finger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kencombs said:

Just get a round magnet, smaller than the hole in your pan.  Clean the drain plug well. lightly sand or grind the plug end, clean magnet, mix a dab of JBWeld, stick 'em together.  Done.

That is the kinda thing I like!  Thank you!

• Like 1

My parts books have a 50722 part number, for the drain plug, and it is a 7/8x18. A magnetic one comes up on eBay using that number. The copper and asbestos crush gasket is 105456. Just thought I would give you additional information if you buy another plug. Rick D.

• Thanks 1

I did the same thing kencombs recommended. Had a round magnet that I attached to the drain plug using The Right Stuff gasket maker from Permatex. It's a really strong RTV sealer. The magnet stuck to the drain plug well on its own, the RTV just gave it a little extra help.

i replaced oil pan gasket and found about 1.5 inches of sludge. very thick used putty knife to remove bulk

of it. i  found a round brass20220430_213231.jpg.03c6e064e5b1acdc22116377132d63d1.jpg piece i think from dipstick tube it is same size as tube

a magnet would not have helped without cleaning pan first