1954 1/2 ton front leaf springs

WPVT

The front leaf springs on my 1954 Dodge 1/2 ton truck look tired. They no longer have an upward arc, and in fact, have a bit of a downward arc. There is only about 4" of clearance to the frame in the center of the spring. They consist of 7 rather narrow leaves.

Is there a good source for replacements built to the original specifications ?   I feel safer buying good replacements rather than having a spring shop make them up.

One other option is a simple re-arch by a local spring shop.  That is if the leaves aren't worn too badly where they contact one another.   If you remove the and take them in the cost to do that should be much less.  Or, visit the HAMB if you would like to try a DIY  rework.  Several guys there have reversed spring eyes in their shops.  And posted how to info.  Same process can be used for a re-arch.  All it really takes is a hydraulic press and time. 

The spring leaves are a little pitted and after 68 years may need a rest. Unless there is a compelling reason to keep them, such as new parts being low quality, I'd like to replace them.