Enjoying My New Ultrasonic Cleaner

keithb7

Thanks in part to many here, my You Tube revenue goes right back into betterment of my ‘38 Mopars. 

Recently I acquired a digital Ultrasonic cleaner. 15L (3-ish gallon) size. I completed my first project with it this last weekend. I disassembled my Chrysler carb as far as I could. I soaked it in the tub basket for 90 mins. Little implosions did their magic.  I reassembled the carb with new carb kit parts.  

It looks like a million bucks. Will it perform as such? We shall see. I’m currently playing hide-and-go-seek games with another machine shop. “We’ll be done with your head in 1 week”. That was 11 days ago. They won’t answer the phone. They won’t return messages that I leave asking for an update.  What is it with good old fashioned customer service? Are we past that now? No longer required? So we wait for the cylinder head before we can test run the carb. 

Anyway, thanks for your support folks. Thanks for watching my videos. You are contributing indirectly to keeping my ‘38 cars alive and on the roads!

D00D333A-D49B-4559-ACDB-6596FC549E76.jpeg

C6692F5B-5AD7-4C94-BEC5-0DA2263431D6.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 7

If anyone knows the story, I certainly am interested in learning about the holes punched into the strut on top of the carb bowl. Odd little shapes that have meaning at Carter I’m sure. Production dates & shifts maybe. 

Edited by keithb7