Chrysler Division?

Conn47D24
Go to solution Solved by kencombs,

• Solution

We owned a business building that was built in 1917.  About 15k sqft, 2story brick, concrete roof.  It was renovated in the 50s and AC was added.  two huge, watercooled, 460v3ph Chrysler Airtemp units.  When we bought it in 97 it had been vacant for 23 years and the water cooling towers on the roof were beyond saving so it got new air/air air conditioners.  But before removing the old ones, I connected the power and started the compressors with pressure gauges attached.  They ran flawlessly!  Quiet and smooth.  Chrysler built great stuff, even commercial AC.   If the renovation budget had allowed I would have found a way to keep them, but funds were tight so  I took the cheaper route.

• Like 1

somewhere in my slides I have a picture of the placard on the back of a M60A1 tank with the big Chrylser logo.  We barracked on the kaserne the armored division was stationed.  When they would leave for field exercises....man what a beautiful noise it was to hear and such a sight to watch the armored division move out and later return.  I saw one throw a track and within a couple minutes this tank wrecker had the unit lifted and the track back on and the column did not really slow down, they just curved around the crippled unit.  The unit was back in column before the end of the column approached from the rear.  Chrysler had their hand is so many things....their engineers at the time were considered the best money could buy.  

• Like 1